Welcome to The Bachelorette Degree

The Bachelorette Degree is a college lifestyle blog about making the most of your college experience in and outside of the classroom in order to leave with a purpose and vision in mind for your future career. 

I'm a senior telecommunications (news) major at the University of Florida. The inspiration for my blog came from my appreciation for school-life balance and the Bachelor franchise on ABC (hence, the name of the blog).

It's hard to believe I'm on my last semester of college. The finish line feels so close I could sprint the whole way and still not feel tired. The problem is, I don't want to sprint. I hope it goes as slow as waiting for my college acceptance took. But, I know being in denial will get me no where. So instead, I've decided this blog will be about my college experience - what I learned, what I regret and what shaped and motivated me to become an aspiring professional. 

This blog will be the intersection between experience and motivation. I truly believe you never stop learning and college is just one stop along this long journey of becoming who you want to be. Yes, passing a test is important but it's not everything and that's what I'd like to display on my blog. A good grade is rewarding, but building your brand, making good relationships and creating professional opportunities outside of the classroom will take you far. 


Comments

Popular Posts