Avoiding the Freshman 15

A healthy lifestyle is so important to implement the moment you step on a college campus. You will find temptation to avoid self-care in the midst of classes and a social life. Luckily, I've rounded up the best ways to avoid the feared "freshman 15."

1. Meals

It can be so easy to pop a ramen bowl in the microwave and call it "dinner" but you need to have discipline and find the healthy, easy meals that work for you. I asked my mom to teach me how to make my favorite meals before I left to college and this helped me so much because I didn't experiment and waste food. Instead, I made exactly what I would eat at home.

2. Gym

Take advantage of the gym membership and classes that the university provides. If you don't like going to the gym, try to create a strict training regimen with yourself. This can include running around your block or doing yoga at your nearby park.

3. Free food

The biggest culprit of the "freshman 15" is all the free food you will find on campus at tabling, events or fairs. This is a big no. It will creep up on you if you constantly take advantage of this "free food" because often times it's pizza. Yes, pizza is amazing but having it three times a week is not. So, have the self control to say no when you've had one too many free pizzas that week.

Comments

Popular Posts