Backpack Essentials for College

Most mornings, I leave my apartment at 9 a.m. and don't come back from campus until about 9 p.m. So, it's really important for me to have everything I need for the day once I head out the door. I've put together the top things I keep in mind and remember to put in my backpack when I head out for the day.

1. Class Materials

Obviously, the most important thing to keep in mind when you leave for class is your class materials. I like to set up what I will need for class the night before. For example, if there's a paper I need to turn in or if I'm going to need a specific binder for that day, I want to make sure I swap it out in my bag so I'm not carrying unnecessary weight.

2. Self-Care 

A long day can make you tired and uncomfortable. I like to carry around things that will refresh me throughout the day such as water, hand sanitizer and snacks. Those are extremely important to me especially since I don't know if I'll have time to stop and buy anything in my hectic day. Also, if you have to dress nice for work but are going to be in the library after, it may be a good idea to bring an extra pair of clothes so you don't have to uncomfortable in formal attire all day.

3. Extracurricular

Aside from my classroom time, I'm involved in many other things at school that I'll need materials for. For example, sometimes I'm lugging around a dress for my afternoon newscast or a prop for my job. I also like to pack gym clothes if I plan on going to the gym after class.

Although I live right next to campus, I don't like going home unless I absolutely need to because it gets me out of my productive mood and will make me just want to lay in bed or watch TV. By keeping your necessities in your bag, you will ensure that you are prepared for you day.

Comments

Popular Posts