Test Time

Growing up in the regular school system, taking a test seems like second nature to me but I faced a roadblock once I reached my junior year of college and began taking more experience-based classes that didn't require testing but rather projects. This semester I'm taking a media law class that requires three exams. To many, this may seem normal but to me it's been a rude awakening. I'm having difficulty putting in the time to study instead of cramming. So, after my first test I decided I'm going to implement a new studying tactic tailored around my class time.

1. Before class 

I want to read the chapter that will be discussed in class before I go to the lecture. This will help me be familiar with the terms mentioned throughout the lecture and will give me a base of what to expect to hear and learn. It will also eliminate the need to read something after I've already heard it, which is more of a drag at least for me.

2. During class 

I always take notes for this class on my laptop because I'm scrambling to write down everything in the powerpoint but I've noticed she actually posts the powerpoint online. So, I've decided I will print the powerpoint before class and simply write on the powerpoint her additional comments.

3. After class

It seems like a good idea to give myself 24 hours to let the information sink in before I start to review my notes from the previous class. This will help me remember the information once and for all rather than review it near the exam when I'm also trying to review and remember five other chapters.

Comments

Popular Posts