Time Management in College

In college, it's all about priorities and time management. As your parents might tell you "school comes first." Sometimes when you're flooded with work shifts and maintaining a school life, school can seem like it comes last but you can't fall in that trap. I always like to remind myself, would I be at the University of Florida if school was my last priority? No.

I've put together a list of my personal "P's" for time managing in college:

1. Planner

My agenda is so important to me. Especially because I'm a forgetful person and not even if I repeat a task a million times to myself will I remember it. Not even a sticky note on my wall will help me remember. My agenda is the place where there is a spot for every task and hour in the day, therefore it is perfect for planning out my week.

2. Prioritize

Whenever I fill out my agenda for the week, I always put my school stuff first. It can be easy to convince yourself that a social event is more important than going to your 6pm class but that will only make you stress more when the time comes to take a test.

3. Prepare 

If I have a task that I know I won't be able to finish in a day, I spread it throughout the week. It's a good idea to separate the tasks for that assignment in chunks and it will also make you feel like you're progressing when you finish one portion of the tasks rather than you're behind if you don't finish the whole thing in one day.

Overall, these three steps may seem simple but they require a big effort especially if you want to be consistent and build a habit of it.


Comments

Popular Posts