A Goodbye Letter From a Senior

Dear UF,

As I approach the last couple of weeks on this campus, I can't help but notice everything. I notice the old, brick building on my walks to class and the bells seem louder at every strike of the hour. I smell the Krishna lunch and feel the cobble-road ground.

I look around at my classmates and I can't help but see the most bright future in all of them. I feel so incredibly blessed to be part of the Gator Nation not only because of the orange and blue but because of the people that wear it. Each person I have met during my time here has taught me something. Whether it be perseverance, consistency or determination, my peers have been the most perfect examples to me. I'm lucky to go to a school that is fueled by talented students and staff. The inspiration overflows me and the idea of having to leave my source of inspiration becoming daunting.

As I move on to my next chapter, I can't help but feel prepared to take on the world. It is what I got out of my day to day at UF that has given me this courage and has helped me find the road to myself and to success. I am walking down this road with all the tools and characteristics to put me above my competition. I know the only competition I truly have are my very own peers and somehow.. that's okay with me.

I'll miss the long hours of studying, debating and achievements. I'll miss my peers and professionals pushing me to be the best version of myself. I'll miss the good times and the bad times. But most of all I'll miss this very moment just before I take on the world.

With love,

A UF Senior

Comments

Popular Posts